Mount St Benedict College actively seeks feedback from students, parents and the broader community.
Feedback - in the form of compliments, suggestions and complaints - allows the College to:
- Reflect on and celebrate what we are doing well.
- Consult widely in identifying ways we could improve our services and processes.
- Identify areas for improvement in our processes and practices.
- Accepting feedback in all its forms is consistent with the Benedictine values of Pax, Hospitality and Obedience.
- Feedback is the foundation of the College’s commitment to improvement in all areas of our operations and service delivery.
- Students, parents and the broader community have a valued voice, and as inheritors of the Benedictine tradition, we strive to ‘Listen carefully … with the ear of (y)our heart’ (RB, Prol. 1).
- Accepting and responding to feedback requires courage, humility and respect.
Mount St Benedict College is committed to ethical behaviour that is aligned with our values and complies with all relevant laws. A whistleblower is a person who makes a disclosure, outside normal business channels, whether anonymously or not, with respect to serious conduct such as corruption, fraud or some other illegal or undesirable activity.
Telephone: 1300 30 45 50
Mailing Address: Mount St Benedict College, c/o Stopline, Locked Bag 8, Hawthorn, Vic 3122